Are You Ready For Your Close-up?
On your photo session day, one of the most important details is your makeup application. You want to look like yourself on your very best day! I highly recommend having a professional application either by yours truly (me) or your favorite makeup artist/stylist. If you prefer to do your own makeup(some girls do) here are a few tips to help you prep for your big day.
- Makeup photographs 1-2 shades lighter, so you should always go a bit heavier then you would for everyday wear, like you would for a special event.
- Pay close attention to details, we have very sharp lenses that capture even the slightest makeup boo-boos. So take your time and focus.
- Use a low or non-spf foundation. Foundations with high spf can give off a white cast in your images especially with studio lighting. Blend well!
- Be true to your natural beauty and choose the right shades. Make sure bronzer is not too orangey. Your blush color should be a natural peachy pink flush.
- Show your eyebrows some love. Full eyebrows are youthful and frame your eyes. Don’t go darker on them or it will look harsh, just fill in with a color that matches your natural brow color.
- The last thing I’ll mention is SLEEP. Be sure to have a good nights sleep before your photo day so you will look healthy, well rested, and glowing!
See you on set!